Flexible Expansion at a Modest Price
The OAK Horizontal Progressive Expander uses small bore hydraulic cylinders to expand heat exchange coils with little damage. Tension expanding either straight lengths or both legs of hairpin tubes provides uniform results with no fin damage.
These machines are versatile and can be set up for different coil configurations in just a few minutes. They are also capable of providing high expansion forces for expanding stainless steel and other exotic tubing materials.
70' (21 m) / min
(single hairpin running light wall copper)
Additional cylinders will reduce the speed.
Support Table: 78" (1.98 m) wide x 66" (1.7 m ) long
Max coil length: 20' (6 m) long
3,300 lbs (1,500 kg)
8 ft3/min at 80 psi (0.23 m3/min at 5.6 bar)
Requirements for 3-4 tube HPE: 13 kW @ .80/.82 PF, 24 VDC Controls
Foundation information supplied upon request.
.63" (16 mm) minimum distance between tubes
Up to 7 cylinders
.312” (8mm) to 1" (25.4 mm) OD
- Copper (Cu)
- Aluminum (Al)
- Stainless Steel (SS)
- Cupronickel (CuNi)
- Less expensive than vertical expanders
- Minimal setup time
- Fast expansion speeds of 70'/min (21 m/min)
- No trimming or end-forming of tube after expansion due to hydraulic collet actuation
- Works with tubes up to 20' (6 m) vs. 12' (3.65 m) max for vertical expanders
- Capable of expanding a wide variety of materials including stainless steel and cupronickel
- Ideal for diagonal hairpins; no need to rotate machine to align with tubes
- Simpler to operate than competitive horizontal expanders due to support table, automatic lubrication and reduced setup time